Dartmouth-Hitchcock to use Omnicell to centralize pharmacy services
February 02, 2018, 7:16 a.m. EST
Here is Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of new health IT contract wins and go-lives:
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health in Lebanon, N.H., is working with Omnicell to build a centralized pharmacy service center on its main campus to optimize visibility into medication usage and allocation across the delivery system. The center will support a cloud-hosted predictive analytics platform, and the organization expects to have a centralized data warehouse in place in 2019. Dartmouth-Hitchcock also will receive services from the vendor to handle medication shortages and identify strategic opportunities.
- Mercy, a 44-hospital delivery system based in Chesterfield, Mo., has selected iVantage Health Analytics as its analytics vendor. The provider chose iVantage based on factors that include proprietary data mapping with methodologies to support data transparency and accuracy, clinical and operational analytics, help in identifying opportunities for performance improvement initiatives and a reputation for strong client service.
- Saint Anthony Health Affiliates, part of Saint Anthony Hospital in Chicago, has expanded its existing two-year relationship with ambulatory vendor MTBC by selecting new revenue cycle management software for its radiology group practice. The organization serves the west side and southwest side of Chicago.
- CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Saint Elizabeth Hospital in Beaumont, Texas, is an early adopter of a new nurse residency 12-month learning program supported with platform-based content and software tools from workforce development and talent management vendor HealthStream. The platform helps nurses learn best practices and gain confidence in their abilities, says Paul Guidroz, chief nursing executive.
- Michigan Heart & Vascular Institute in Ann Arbor is an early adopter of Breeze, a patient experience management platform supplemented with a first set of performance metrics, from ambulatory vendor CareCloud. The platform enables patients to electronically check in, schedule appointments and process payments on a variety of computing devices. The Breeze platform also is available in Spanish.