Vascular Experts chain selects Meridian revenue cycle system
Here is Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of health information technology contracts and implementations:
* The Vascular Experts, with 11 clinics serving parts of Connecticut and New York, has selected a suite of revenue cycle management services and software from Meridian Medical Management. The package includes revenue cycle support, analytics, medical practice reporting and an electronic health records system. The new technologies will aid The Vascular Experts as it expands beyond New England.
* Miami Children’s Health System, parent of Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, will offer remote diagnostic telehealth evaluations using technology from Tyto Care. The vendor offers a handheld remote examination device and platform enabling the capture of ear, throat, lung, skin, heart and temperature exam data in the home, school, physician office or remote clinics, and sharing data with clinicians. Exams also can be done via a live telehealth visit.
* Banner Health will implement patient-provider matching software from Kyruus throughout the six-state enterprise to better serve patients and its network of more than 20,000 providers. Clinicians also will have access to the vendor’s clinical library with more than 14,000 clinical terms covering 400 specialties to configure clinical scopes of practice. The software also will be deployed in call centers. Banner operates 28 hospitals. The delivery system includes long-term care centers, outpatient surgery centers, home care, hospice services, pharmacies and a nursing registry.
* Women’s Imaging Associates in Birmingham, Ala., has gone live on the cloud-hosted AbbaDox RIS radiology system from IDS. The contract includes speech recognition software and a reporting platform.
* Foundation Health Partners in Alaska, which includes Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital, a long-term care facility and clinic, is live on workforce management software from Kronos. Modules include time and attendance, employee scheduling, workforce analytics and the ability to align staff with the right skills and certifications for specific shifts.