Nursing Informatics Boot Camp, led by veteran educator Susan Newbold, RN, has camps scheduled this fall in five regions.
Cerner Corp. is sponsoring a camp Sept. 10-11 in Kansas City, Mo., for associates and customers only; the Tennessee HIMSS Chapter has a camp Sept 17-18 in Nashville; Northern California HIMSS has a camp Sept. 24-25 in San Francisco; Providence Health Services has a camp Oct. 15-16 (waiting list only) in Spokane, Wash.; and Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia has a camp Oct. 24-25.
The courses are designed for nurses interested in becoming Certified Informatics Nurses, as well as other clinical professionals wanting to learn more about medical informatics. Fourteen hours of continuing education credits are available upon completion of a course. Course objectives, according to Nursing Informatics Boot Camp, include:
* Discuss the scope and standards of nursing informatics practice;
* Describe professional practice, trends and issues within the informatics nurse role;
* Explore management and leadership issues affecting informatics in healthcare settings;
* Identify key concepts in informatics, information technology, information management, knowledge generation and data security;
* Consider human factors in relation to information technology systems;
* Describe models and theories associated with informatics; and
* Delineate steps of the system life cycle as it applies to information technology in the healthcare setting.
Event-specific brochures are available by sending an email to NIBootCamp@comcast.net.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access