Among the hundreds of educational sessions being offered at the HIMSS 2010 Conference & Exhibition are a dozen that make up the annual View From the Top series featuring well-known speakers discussing major issues in the health information technology industry. A sampling:
* In education session 102, Dan DeMaioNewton, director of strategy and business development at Monster Worldwide, will discuss the new rules of the game for recruiting health I.T. talent. He'll cover such issues as which social media tools to use and avoid for recruitment purposes, changes in talent supply and demand across the nation, best talent recruitment practices, and new technologies to help an organization compete more fiercely for talent. The session, "Finding Keepers: The New Rules for Recruiting Healthcare IT Talent," is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, March 2.
* The leaders of two health I.T. research organizations will team to discuss trends, performance variations and best practices to reduce stress and improve I.T. performance. Kent Gale of KLAS Enterprises and Dave Garets of HIMSS Analytics will cover such areas as implications of your vendor being acquired, physician adoption trends, and "shrink-wrapped" I.T. products. They'll also tackle new and emerging technologies, disclosing what's working, what's not and adoption rates. Education session 122, "KLAS and HIMSS Analytics Speak Out: What's Real and What Isn't?" is scheduled at 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday, March 2.
Other View From the Top sessions cover such topics as I.T. needs in underserved communities, Joint Commission 2010 patient safety goals, leveraging I.T. to improve outcomes, personal health information management, reorganization at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and medical banking, among others. More information is available at http://himssconference.org/education/viewsFromTop.aspx.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access