Health information technology vendors have made hundreds of announcements of new products and services at HIMSS15. Here is a snapshot of new stuff from some notable vendors:
* Cerner will use the Qualcomm 2net Platform and Hub that captures data from medical devices in home, and transmit the data to clients electronic health records system via Cerners Care Aware device connectivity platform. The data also will be viewable for patients via Cerners portal.
* Surescripts, which operates a national electronic prescribing network and has been adding other clinical data exchange services for several years, will connect its National Record Locator Service to the electronic health records of eClinicalWorks, Epic and Greenway Health. Together, the EHR firms serve nearly 500,000 providers.
* Imprivata now offers a mobile device hands-free and proximity-based service for authenticating an individual to access an information system. The technology wirelessly retrieves and verifies a one-time password form a users mobile device without manual interaction, according to the company. It also supports Drug Enforcement Agency requirements for electronic prescribing of controlled substances.
* InterSystems has added a patient portal named HealthShare Person Community to its HealthShare health data exchange platform, a patient portal. The portal gives patients or authorized representatives a single point of access to access records from multiple and disparate provider facilities. The portal also supports appointment scheduling, prescription refill, provider-patient dialog and patient education.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access