Health information technology vendors have made multiple announcements of new products and initiatives in recent days. Among them:
* Addison, Texas-based MEDHOST Inc. has received EHR Module certification for Version 4.2 of its EDIS emergency department information system. The certification from The Drummond Group attests that the application supports electronic health records meaningful use criteria.
* DiagnosisOne, a Nashua, N.H.-based clinical decision support and data analytics vendor, has named Robert Goodman as president. The position is new following the raising of $5 million in venture funding. Goodman most recently ran a private consulting company specializing in strategic planning, business development, acquisitions and fund raising, and helped secure the funding. He will report to Mansoor Khan, founder and CEO.
* Provider services firm VHA Inc., Irving, Texas, will market at a discounted price to 1,400 hospital members the RadarFind asset tracking technology of Pittsburgh-based TeleTracking Technologies. The system uses radio frequency identification technology to read coded tags on equipment, staff or patient wristbands. The tags send location data to readers and ultimately to tracking software via RFID signals. The system's readers plug into electrical outlets, rather than connect to the hospital's Wi-Fi network. The readers communicate the location data to a collector box, situated in a data storage closet. Data is then sent over Ethernet cable to a dedicated server and displayed on computers or Web-enabled PDAs via the hospital's intranet.
* Epocrates Inc., a vendor of software to access drug reference information via mobile computing devices, has launched a continuing medical education platform that enables physicians to complete courses online or via a mobile device. The San Mateo, Calif.-based company is using technology from RealCME, New York.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access