Acquisitions, partnerships and new products are among the initiatives that health information technology vendors have announced in recent days. Among them:
* Verisk Analytics Inc., a risk assessment and data analytics service and software firm serving several sectors including health care, has paid $82 million to acquire Bloodhound Technologies, seller of the ConVergence Point claims adjudication and fraud detection platform. Verisk expects the buy will add to earnings during 2011. Bloodhound CEO Gary Twigg will retain his position.
* The University HealthSystem Consortium representing not-for-profit academic medical centers has expanded its relationship with 3M Health Information Systems. The consortium previously partnered with 3M to offer hospitals clinical documentation improvement software and consulting services. Now, clinical documentation services are expanded to include ICD-10 concepts and terms. UHC members also have access to 3M's new ICD-10 modeling and code translation services and associated claims impact analysis services, and ICD-10 related clinical documentation assessment services.
* WebPT Inc., vendor of electronic health records for physical therapists, has added a feature that enables the sending of automated reminders of patient appointments, required exercises or other necessary at-home activities. The reminders can be sent via e-mail, telephone messages or text messages.
* HIPAA and financial transactions processor ZirMed Inc. and practice management/electronic health records software vendor e-MDs Inc. have entered into a referral partnership to recommend each other's products and services.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access