Texas rehab chain buys MEDHOST financial management tools
October 27, 2017, 7:29 a.m. EDT
Here is Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of new health IT contracts and go-lives.
- Texas-based Everest Rehabilitation Hospitals has selected financial management software from MEDHOST and initially will install it at facilities in Temple and Longview. The organization will implement the application at more hospitals in the near future as it intends to go enterprisewide with the vendor. The MEDHOST got the nod based on its reputation in the post-acute care market and implementation services, says Jay Quintana, CEO at Everest Rehabilitation Hospitals.
- Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, N.J., will use the electronic health record and practice management systems of CareCloud in outpatient facilities. The medical center has developed most of its technology in-house, which included a proprietary EHR. Now, Holy Name wants to leverage CareCloud’s population health management functions as it moves toward adopting accountable care.
- Thibodaux Regional Medical Center in Louisiana is live on electronic signatures software from Access, an electronic forms management vendor. The product will aid the hospital in capturing authorized consents and other forms in the admissions packet at the point of entry without generating, copying or scanning paper. Upon completion, the information is sent to the patient’s record in the Meditech electronic health record.
- Hackensack Meridian Health, a 13-hospital delivery system serving parts of New Jersey, is a current user of medication management software from Omnicell and has added the vendor’s automated dispensing cabinets in five additional facilities. The expansion will support improved clinical operations, patient safety, supply chain efficiencies and overall standardization efforts. The cabinets will integrate with the system’s electronic health record.
- Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington, is one of the latest hospitals to go live on MHS GENESIS, the ongoing electronic health record initiative of the Military Health System. Leidos is the prime contractor, Cerner Millennium is the core EHR and Henry Schein supplies the dental electronic health record. Madigan is the largest inpatient facility thus far to go live.