MDLIVE, a vendor of telehealth services, has acquired Breakthrough Behavioral, which specializes in offering video counseling to mental health professionals and their patients. Terms were not disclosed.
The deal increases MDLIVEs presence in the teletherapy market and enables it to better serve commercial insurer and Medicaid markets, giving access to larger network of medical and mental health specialists, according to the company. California-based Breakthrough Behavioral currently operates in 10 states serving five million members and plans to expand across the nation.
Other recent news from health information technology vendors includes:
* Great Lakes Health Connect, the largest health information exchange in Michigan, now offers the MedHx medication history tool of DrFirst Inc. The information also includes medication claims and pharmacy fill data, speeding the medication reconciliation process. The HIE serves124 hospitals representing 84 percent of the states bed counts and more than 4,000 other provider sites, with a master patient index of 4.5 million individuals. It transmits about 3 million messages a day.
* NextGen Healthcare Information Systems introduced several new products during its recent annual users meeting. They include a mobile patient portal enabling the nearly 12 million patients enrolled in the core patient portal to access their information via mobile devices, new population health management software, a Health Information Service Provider program, and an open platform cloud-based ambulatory electronic health records and practice management suite that will be launched in 2015.
* New Jersey-based etherFAX has introduced a secure exchange enabling organizations to create their own private fax network. Documents are encrypted and sent or received via a cloud platform without traveling over an external or public telephone network.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access