ProMedica Toledo Hospital goes live on Dicom platform
May 26, 2017, 7:41 a.m. EDT
Here is Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of health information technology contracts and go-lives:
- ProMedica Toledo Hospital has gone live on the Workflow Unifier platform of Dicom Systems as a business continuity solution for radiologists during planned or unplanned PACS downtime scenarios. The software also offers advanced routing and workflow features to support radiologists as they move from one system to another, and includes an integration engine to enable communications between various platforms, enhancing continuity of care. ProMedica has 12 hospitals and 2,100 physicians serving southeast Michigan and northwest Ohio.
- Memorial Medical Center in Neillsville, Wis., a critical access hospital, is live on a new version of the Vue Radiology PACS and Vue Motion enterprise viewer from Carestream. The upgrades will support remote physician access to patient imaging studies via mobile devices or remote workstations to quickly determine the urgency of a patient’s condition. The viewer links to the patient’s electronic health record to give physicians additional information to make a rapid diagnosis with confidence.
- Five hospitals in Ontario, Canada, that share a common information technology infrastructure will add the CPOE and medication reconciliation software of PatientKeeper to their existing use of the vendor’s clinical automation software. The facilities further will expand use of the PatientKeeper NoteWriter software. The hospitals are Clinton Public Hospital, St. Marys Memorial Hospital, Seaforth Community Hospital, Stratford General Hospital and Alexandra Marine and General Hospital. In total, the five hospitals have 250 beds and 150 physicians. PatientKeeper functions as a workflow overlay to the hospitals’ Meditech electronic health record system and other departmental systems, making it easier for physicians to get the information they need in an efficient manner.
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare in Maryland is implementing the Healthsuite Mercato core administrative processing platform from RAM Technologies, replacing two legacy administrative systems. Mercato administers health plan operations such as eligibility and enrollment, benefit administration, provider contracting and reimbursement, provider credentialing, medical and utilization management, care management, premium billing and encounter/claims administration, among other functions. A patient portal also is part of the package.
- Compass Health Network, offering inpatient and outpatient physical and behavioral health treatment in parts of Missouri and Louisiana through 60 locations, has selected the electronic health record system of Netsmart, which includes support for behavioral health.