Medication and supply management software vendor Omnicell Inc., Mountain View, Calif., has acquired Pandora Data Systems, which sells medication data analytics software.
Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Scotts Valley, Calif.-base Pandora's software analyzes a range of data to:
* Compare nursing administration practices against established guidelines,
* Analyze inventory strategies,
* Streamline procedures to ease compliance audits, and
* Compare medications withdrawn but not administered, or administered without an order, to detect potential drug diversion or billing errors.
The Pandora software will continue to operate as a standalone product. It supports multiple medication systems, including CareFusion, Cerner, Intellidot, McKesson, MedDispense and Omnicell.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access