Latest vendor announcements on solutions range from analytics software to electronic health records.
* Claims clearinghouse and revenue cycle vendor ZirMed has substantially enhanced its analytics software to support operational and financial performance. New features include role-based views, a customizable dashboard, the ability to drill down into 30 key performance indicators, creation of benchmarks, viewing information on one or multiple practices at once, and up-to-date metrics that are refreshed daily. The enhanced analytics capabilities are especially useful for better understanding such critical metrics as A/R days, denial rate, adjustments and payment posting, according to the vendor.
* MedAssets, vendor of a suite of products and services to enhance the supply chain, operational efficiency, clinical delivery and financial performance of health care organizations, has agreed to acquire data analytics vendor SG-2 LLC for $142 million. Known as Sg2, the company focuses on healthcare market intelligence and serves more than 1,400 hospitals as well as pharmaceutical and medical device companies. Now, MedAssets picks up new clients to cross-sell services and new services for current clients to improve strategic planning. The acquisition is expected to close in 60 to 90 days and MedAssets will pay for Sg2 with cash on hand and borrowing under an existing credit arrangement. Financial results for Sg2 were not disclosed.
* Allscripts has inked integration agreements with terminology management vendor Clinical Architecture and behavioral health vendor Netsmart. Allscripts will integrate Clinical Architectures Symedical software with the dbMotion health information exchange platform to ease data mapping and improve distribution of vocabularies. In the agreement with Netsmart, which shares clients with Allscripts, users of Allscripts Sunrise hospital EHR will be able to view behavioral health records within the Sunrise workflow, and users of Netsmarts myAvatar product will be able to view medical records in the myAvatar workflow. Allscripts also will integrate Netsmart behavioral EHRs with its ambulatory EHRs.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access