Data analytics may be a hot item in healthcare conference exhibit halls this year, but revenue cycle management products also had a strong showing at this weeks MGMA Annual Convention in Las Vegas. Vendor announcements of new products and services included:
* Emdeon Inc. in June acquired Capario to bolster its claims clearinghouse and revenue cycle management services, particularly targeting smaller providers. Capario, renamed Emdeon One, offered denial management software which since the buy has been made more robust to match information in an explanation of benefit with line level data within the submitted claim. The service offers one click access to correct errors and one click to appeal a payment denial.
* Practice management and electronic health record software vendor e-MDs Inc. is testing a cloud-hosted outsourced billing and collections service, and expects general availability in the first quarter of 2015. Functions will include claims scrubbing and submission, denial management, payment posting, patient billing and collections, operational reports and query-based analytics. Some of the analytics tools have been developed in-house while e-MDs has partnered with several other companies, including TriZetto.
* Claims clearinghouse Navicure recently introduced Navicure Payments, offering a centralized site for providers to manage various types of electronic payments from patients at a practice, such as debit, credit and HSA cards. The product also includes a secure Web site for patients to make payments.
* PCG Software for 20 years has sold the Virtual Examiner cost containment software to aid insurers in correct coding, payment recovery from providers for duplicate billings and other reasons, and fraud and abuse identification. Now, the company is going after the provider market as well, with a product called Virtual Biller, which supports submission of cleaner claims and appeals of claims that are denied. The product is in pilot testing with a provider and Epic Systems Corp.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access