Announcements of new products from health information technology vendors started a week before the HIMSS13 conference in New Orleans and continue since the show. Here are some of the newer ones:
* RemitDATA Inc. has introduced ClarifyMD, a vendor-hosted data analytics application for physician practices available via a subscription. The software supports peer-to-peer comparisons on reimbursement, utilization and productivity; performance metrics such as incorrect documentation and insurance eligibility denials; payer performance such as denial rates and slow payment; claims analysis such as the reasons for denials; and assessing audit and regulatory compliance.
* SAS has unveiled ECR Analytics for health care providers and payers developing accountable care organizations or adopting other value-based payment models. An ECR is an evidence-informed case rate, or a budget for an episode of care within a defined period of time. The new product supports more than 30 ECRs, such as joint replacement or chronic disease management, with 60 more episodes coming in 2013, according to the vendor.
* ITriage, which sells consumer-oriented mobile medical decision support software, will make available in April a multi-symptom processor in the app. A consumer can enter age, sex and symptoms and be presented with the most common possible conditions, along with follow-up questions such as the presence of fever or shortness of breath to redefine the initial search.
* RGP Healthcare has introduced incident management software called Pavisse, which tracks training and end-to-end spending on incidents, and compares results with similar hospitals. Reporting functions include the tracking of “never events,” near misses and grievances, as well as suggestions for remediation plans. The software also supports nurse education, and a later version will include a malpractice module to handle professional liability cases.
* Vitera Healthcare Solutions now offers a vendor-hosted version of its Medical Manager practice management software. The subscription-based service handles all upgrades, compliance and technical needs.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access