Here is Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of health information technology contracts and implementations.
- Memorial Healthcare in Owosso, Mich., has gone live on a tele-ICU system from Advanced ICU Care to support telemedicine consultations for critical and intensive care patients around the clock. Board-certified intensivists and trained critical care nurses will provide coverage. Two-way audio and video access in patient rooms will enable face-to-face consultations. The 150-bed hospital serves a population of 88,000.
- Coffeyville Regional Medical Center in Kansas is one of the latest Meditech clients starting the transition to upgrade to the vendor’s next-generation Web EHR product covering acute, ambulatory and emergency care. The 88-bed rural hospital went through a vendor selection process but decided to continue its 18-year relationship with Meditech. CIO Kris Penco implemented Web EHR at another Meditech hospital before joining Coffeyville.
- Catholic Health Initiatives, operating 104 hospitals in 17 states, is live on clinical quality measures software from Persivia at 20 sites across five states. The software will support the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting and Electronic Heath Records Meaningful Use programs. Features include unlimited number of users at each site and centralized reporting across facilities.
- Maury Regional Health serving middle Tennessee is pulling its Meditech inpatient and NextGen Healthcare ambulatory electronic health record systems and putting in an enterprise Cerner EHR across three hospitals and more than two dozen outpatient facilities. The health system’s flagship, 255-bed Maury Regional Medical Center, is the largest hospital between Nashville and Huntsville. Cerner will remotely host, manage and support the EHR.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access