Here is Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of health information technology contracts and implementations.
- MaineHealth is implementing an enterprise imaging platform from Mach7 Technologies to consolidate archiving and communications across the organization. The provider system, anchored by Maine Medical Center, is taking a phased approach to minimize disruption to clinicians. The platform will acquire images from various modalities and supports traditional PACS functions of workflow distribution, data localization and archiving, among other functions. Radiologists will continue to use their clinical tools and viewers of choice, while MaineHealth consolidates unstructured data and patient records.
- WellStar Health System, with 11 hospitals serving Georgia, has selected a set of medication management systems and analytics tools from Omnicell for hospital floors, the central pharmacy and operating rooms across the enterprise. The products include automated dispensing cabinets, anesthesia workstations in operating rooms, controlled substance software in the pharmacy and IV systems. Omnicell will integrate with WellStar’s electronic health record.
- Ballinger Memorial Hospital in Texas, a critical access hospital, will deploy the Evident electronic health record of CPSI as well as a suite of revenue cycle management software. The hospital selected Evident because of its record of success with implementation and support of community and rural hospitals, according to Rhett Fricke, administrator and CEO. Ballinger Memorial has a service area of 630 square miles and serves 8,500 residents.
- Children’s National Health System, providing pediatric care in the Washington metropolitan area, implemented Cerner’s Millennium electronic health record in 2005 and now will add the vendor’s Millennium revenue cycle product. The revenue software will integrate with the EHR and a scheduling platform across the 313-bed hospital and more than 50 outpatient facilities.
- Wickenburg Community Hospital in Texas, a critical access hospital, has gone live with the Anesthesia Touch software of Plexus Technology Group in a new surgical and diagnostic center. The anesthesia software integrates with Wickenburg’s Evident electronic health record from CPSI. The new system automatically captures physiological data and documents events and clinical actions.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access