Washington-based Leapfrog Group, a not-for-profit focused on patient safety, has released a mobile application designed to provide patient safety ratings on U.S. hospitals about medical errors, accidents and infections.
The Hospital Safety Score app, available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices, locates and assigns letter grades to more than 2,600 hospitals, including the hospitals deemed most safe that are in the vicinity of the user.
The application assigns an A, B, C, D or F grades to hospitals. The app was built by Ringful Health, LLC and is available for download at www.hospitalsafetyscore.org.
The Hospital Safety Score app features include:
* GPS-enabled search for all hospitals within 100 miles of the user's geographic location.
* Ability to search for hospitals by name, city or state.
* Map display of all Hospital Safety Score letter grades in the user's area.
* Complete score details for each graded hospital.
* Patient's Guide to a Safe Hospital Stay, including questions to ask your doctor and precautions to take in the hospital.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access