Here is Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of health information technology contracts and implementations.
- Allied Physicians Group, a practice with 150 pediatricians serving the Long Island region in New York, has selected the Diver Platform business intelligence system of Dimensional Insight. The practice, spanning 35 office locations, is working to increase revenue while lowering operational costs and establishing best practices among the physicians.
- Meditech clients continue to migrate to the vendor’s Web EHR platform, with Island Hospital in Anacortes, Wash., among the latest to upgrade. But the 43-bed hospital with 13 clinics first assessed other vendors before re-upping with the incumbent. It will implement the acute, emergency, ambulatory and business/clinical analytics modules.
- ProMedica, with 12 hospitals and six ambulatory surgery centers serving northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan, is adding the cardiology module to its portfolio of medical imaging products from Sectra. The delivery system already uses Sectra’s vendor neutral archive and picture archiving and communication system.
- Home health and hospice provider Pathways, serving the San Francisco Bay region, will implement the Epic electronic health record system to more easily communicate with area hospitals already on Epic. Among those hospitals are Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Contra Costa Health Services, John Muir Health, Kaiser Permanente, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, Sutter Health and UC Davis. Epic also will support transition to a patient-centered care culture, says Pathways CEO Barbara Burgess.
- Three-hospital Kennedy Health, serving three counties in New Jersey, has gone live on the eRad picture archiving and communication system as well as the vendor’s mammography module. Managing more than 200,000 imaging procedures each year, the delivery system sought a PACS that could more easily integrate with its existing radiology information system and speech recognition platform. The vendor created HL7 and API interfaces as part of the integration effort, as well as an interface to the vendor neutral archive of Mach 7 Technologies.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access