Kaiser Permanente and Johns Hopkins Medicine have announced plans to strengthen the successful collaboration between the two organizations.
With the new agreement, the partners say they will expand ways to deliver quality care by sharing evidence-based best practices, advancing population health programs, collaborating on education and research endeavors, and exploring how the organizations can work together to create better healthcare models for consumers and their communities.
The agreement between the organizations will initially focus on:
* Sharing best practices and leveraging electronic health records to accommodate the growing need among providers and patients to access clinical information quickly and efficiently.
* Strengthening the relationship between Kaiser Permanente and Suburban Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, by combining their collective expertise to create an advanced model of care.
* Bringing care into the home to meet the evolving needs of patients by exploring and leveraging technology to deliver personalized medicine.
* Building on the existing collaboration between Kaiser Permanente and Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality to advance the patient experience and improve treatment outcomes while reducing costs.
* Pursuing opportunities to develop educational programs and research-based best practices that benefit the overall health of the people in the communities we serve.
Working more closely with Johns Hopkins Medicine will help us deliver an innovative care experience for our members that will translate into quality care thats also affordable, said Kim Horn, president of Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States. This strategic collaboration will facilitate additional population health research and innovative practices benefiting both individual patients and the larger community.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access