New leadership and products highlight recent news from health information technology vendors:
* Secure clinical data messaging vendor Surescripts has named health information technology veteran Tom Skelton as CEO. He succeeds Paul Uhrig, chief administrative and privacy officer, who served as acting CEO since Harry Totonis stepped down in March. Among other positions in a 30+ year career, Skelton most recently served as CEO at Foundation Radiology Group and earlier as CEO at Misys Healthcare Systems and president of technology services at MED3000.
* NextGen Healthcare Information Systems secure messaging product, called NextGen Share, has received full accreditation from the Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission for meeting best practices in support of the Direct Project messaging protocols. Industry-sponsored EHNAC conducts the accreditations in cooperation with DirectTrust.org, an industry trade organization.
* 3M Health Information Systems has three new functions in a next-generation version of its Coding and Reimbursement System, called CRS+. Hospitals now have access to a real-time display of reimbursement data from multiple insurers during a coding session, coding workflow that follows the look and design of ICD-10-PCS code tables, and a reporting function combines with a library of standard reports to analyze key metrics.
* Westlake Village, Calif.-based NexGenic has introduced ImageInbox, a mobile app that enables providers and patients to store and transmit medical images and diagnostic reports. Patients downloading the app to a mobile device pay nothing during a three-month introductory offering; the app costs 99 cents following the introductory period. Patients can download anytime to a desktop computer for free. Physicians can use the app for free if transmitting less than 100 images or reports per month. The cost is $199 per month for 100-999 transmissions and $499 per month for 1000 or more transmissions. More information is here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access