Here’s a round-up of new products and clients from several health information technology vendors:
* Medical imaging software vendor Carestream Health has acquired Genesis Digital Imaging of Los Angeles for an undisclosed sum. Carestream’s inside sales force focuses on mid-sized and large hospitals. The vendor has relied on resellers to other markets, but now is bringing them in-house to better streamline the sales and communications processes. Genesis Digital is a reseller, serving small provider organizations, and Carestream in 2010 bought Long Island-based Quantum Medical Imaging, which sells to mid-tier hospitals and clinics.
* Physician software vendor SOAPware Inc. will integrate its electronic health records software with the bi-directional electronic faxing and document management software of Updox, based in Dublin. Updox serves providers, health information exchanges, EHR vendors and secure messaging companies, among other health care entities.
* Hutcheson Medical Center in Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., will implement the electronic health records and emergency department information systems of community hospital vendor Healthcare Management Systems. The medical center also will use the company’s recently introduced EHR meaningful use consulting services to accelerate efforts to attest to meeting Stage 1 requirements.
* Biscom Inc., a vendor of enterprise fax servers and cloud-hosted fax services, has introduced mobile apps for Apple iPads and iPhones, Android tablets and phones, and Amazon Kindle Fire devices. The Biscom Mobile Fax apps, available from the manufacturers’ online stores, enable users to send, receive, view and return text or image faxes, and affix an authorized signature.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access