New leadership, an acquisition and milestones are among recent health information technology vendor announcements:
* Hospital information systems vendor Prognosis Health System has named James Holtzman as its new CEO, succeeding Ramsey Evans, who remains chairman. A spokesperson says the change was a decision by the leadership team and board. Holtzman had been CFO at the company for nearly a year. He has more than two decades of experience with firms in software, outsourcing services, manufacturing, procurement, education and telecommunications. He previously served as a banker and investment banker.
* HealthInfoNet, the statewide health information exchange for Maine, now has contracts with all 38 of the state’s hospitals. The HIE has 34 hospitals live on its platform and expects the remaining four to be hooked up by year-end. HealthInfoNet also links to 376 ambulatory sites including primary and specialty practices, federally qualified health centers, mental health agencies, home health agencies and long-term care providers.
* Ambulatory vendor PracticeMax of Scottsdale, Ariz., has acquired complementary vendor ABC Medical Management of Phoenix for an undisclosed price. PracticeMax resells practice management and electronic health records software from four vendors, and offers outsourced billing/collections and coding, as well as licensure and HIPAA privacy/security compliance services. ABC Medical Management brings a new market to PracticeMax as it provides such services as billing, accounts receivables, credentialing and contract review to anesthesia and pain management specialists.
* McKesson Corp.’s laboratory system, Horizon Lab 13.5, has been certified as an EHR Module for Stage 2 of the electronic health records meaningful use program. The Drummond Group was the certification firm.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access