Four health information technology vendors recently have announced new milestones or products. They include:
* Teladoc, a vendor of physician-patient consultation services via videoconferencing or the telephone, has raised $18.6 million in a new round of funding. Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers led the round, joined by current investors Cardinal Partners, HLM Venture Partners, Trident Capital and New Capital Partners.
* Emmi Solutions LLC, a vendor of patient education and risk management software, has introduced new content to explain the influenza vaccine. Emmi offers Web-based interactive presentations on more than 130 medical conditions and related procedures. The presentations educate patients while providing informed consent documentation. Physicians using Emmi's content give their patients access codes to view presentations.
* McKesson Corp. has introduced McKesson Practice Choice, an integrated practice management/electronic health records system made for independent primary care practices. The applications, certified for supporting Stage 1 meaningful use criteria, are Web-based and on a single database. The vendor also has launched McKesson Practice Care, which offers a range of services including medical home consulting, automated patient reminder services, medical/office supplies, and practice-based quality improvement reports.
* Avior Computing Corp. has introduced an ICD-10 module to its BenchMark risk and compliance management software. BenchMark automates the mapping of regulations, standards, controls and assessment questions. The new ICD-10 Knowledge Module adds prebuilt assessment questions and workflows related to the new coding system. The company serves providers and health plans.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access