Several health information technology vendors have recently announced new initiatives, including:
* Castlight Health Inc., which operates an online portal enabling consumers to search for providers and compare their costs and quality scores, will add drug cost comparison data from Medco Health Solutions, a major pharmacy benefit management firm. The Medco content also includes educational materials for specific conditions such as asthma, cardiovascular disease and diabetes, and gaps-in-care alerts such as late refills or missing treatments. Following a pilot, Castlight Health will offer the expanded portal to employer customers in the next plan year.
* MedAssets Inc. has announced general availability of Access Integrity, a front-end revenue cycle management system. Functions enable hospitals to give patients easily understood pricing information prior to treatment and an estimate of patient liability, manage medical necessity rules, validate registration information prior to billing, and confirm patient identity via palm vein recognition biometric software.
* Physician vendor Aprima Medical Software will integrate into its electronic health records software the smartConsult clinical decision support application of DiagnosisOne.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access