Health information technology vendors in recent days have announced several new products, customer wins or initiatives. They include:
* Fairview Health Services serving the greater Minneapolis region will use the Individualized Guidelines and Outcomes clinical decision support software of Archimedes Inc., San Francisco. The software, using patient electronic health records data, analyzes the risk of a patient having a heart attack or stroke, developing diabetes, and the predicted effect of interventions.
* Alpharetta, Ga.-based simplifyMD, which sells a Web-based, meaningful use-certified ambulatory electronic health records system, has raised $4.5 million in a round of funding and hired a new leader. Intersouth Partners, an early-stage venture capital firm, led the round and will have representation on the vendor's board. Company founders Matt Ethington, Shahid Shah and Jeff Lampkin have co-managed simplifyMD. Now, the vendor has named Michael Brozino as president. Brozino most recently was senior vice president of marketing at McKesson Provider Technologies and previously served at A.L.I. Technologies, which McKesson bought, and Eastman Kodak Company.
* Ambulatory software and billing services firm ADP AdvancedMD has announced its claims clearinghouse now supports the sending of HIPAA 5010 claims to insurers. That means customers can start testing with their trading partners. CMS recently granted a 90-day extension for HIPAA 5010 compliance.
* Radimetrics, a vendor of radiation dose monitoring and management software; and Montage, which sells radiology data mining software, will integrate their products. The integration will enable searching, displaying and reporting on both the contents of a radiology report and associated dosage data, according to the companies.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access