Three health information technology vendors recently unveiled significant new contracts or initiatives:
* Philips Healthcare has folded several existing businesses into a new unit called Healthcare Informatics Solutions and Services. The unit includes Healthcare Transformation Services, which provides consulting, education, integration and design services to provider organizations; a common informatics platform; clinical decision support and data analytics software across primary care and specialty care areas; the health care imaging platform with advanced visualization products; and telehealth-supported population health programs.
* Healthstat Inc., operator of more than 300 employer clinics serving more than 200,000 employees and dependents, will implement electronic health records software from eClinicalWorks during 2014. The package includes practice management software and a patient portal running on the same database as the EHR.
* NextGen Healthcare Information Systems will integrate into its NextGen Share interoperability platform the data analytics software of Inovalon Inc. The interoperability platform enables providers to exchange clinical data and referral documents within the NextGen EHR. Inovalons technology will enable analysis of structured and unstructured data by all participating NextGen clients. Inovalons medical outcomes registry holds data on more than 8.3 billion medical events.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access