New products, alliances and go-lives are among recent announcements from health information technology vendors:
* Claims clearinghouse Navicure has launched Receivables Manager, a central repository for insurance denials, appeals and payments. An extension of the vendor’s ERA Filing Cabinet for managing remittance advice, the new repository is designed to automate and streamline the denial and appeal management processes. Users can track two years of denials and appeals with more than 20 searchable fields, speeding the process of preparing for RAC audits, according to the vendor.
* Rural and community hospital vendor Prognosis Health Information Systems will embed terminology management software from Health Language Inc. into its inpatient and outpatient electronic health records systems. Health Language’s medical terminology databases and associated software help providers, insurers and vendors to manage and map 180 terminologies and administrative code sets. This eases ICD-10 and EHR meaningful use work, and also enhances data mining and analysis by automatically mapping preferred terms to standardized codes, according to Prognosis.
* The Upper Peninsula Health Care Network, a health information exchange during northern Michigan, has gone live on the HIE platform of Informatics Corporation of America, known as ICA. The HIE serves about 300,000 residents and 900 providers over 16,400 square miles. Initial HIE functions include access to admission/discharge/transfer data, immunizations, radiology and lab results, and secure messaging using Direct Project protocols.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access