A new HIE leader in Missouri leads recent announcements from health information technology vendors:
* Missouri Health Connection, the state-designated health information exchange, has named Mark Pasquale as CEO, starting March 10. He will succeed Marc Andiel who has served as interim CEO since November and will continue to be chief technical officer. Pasquale most recently was CIO at Piedmont Healthcare in Atlanta; he previously was vice president of information services at Sisters of Mercy Health System in St. Louis, and also served as director of applications development for McKesson Corp. in its Springfield, Mo., office.
* Release of information vendor MRO Corp. has received full accreditation of meeting best practices and industry standards for its secure messaging service, called MRODirect and based on protocols of the federally developed Direct Project for messaging. The Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission evaluated the vendors performance under its Direct Trusted Agent program.
* Healthx, which sells software to health plans and third-party administrators, has named Mark Manning president and CEO. He most recently led the health care unit of Pegasystems Inc. and previously was at Solucient, Codman Research Group and vice president of the HMO unit of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
* Claims clearinghouse and revenue cycle vendor Navicure has introduced Code Source, an online platform to aid in selecting appropriate billing codes. The regularly updated platform, storing more than 75,000 ICD-9, ICD-10 and HCPCS codes, as well as modifiers, can be used for pre- and post-ICD-10 training, sharing lessons with peers via a users forum, determining which codes can be billed with which procedures and modifiers, determining ICD-10 codes corresponding to ICD-9 codes, and getting guidance to plan for potential lost revenue during the transition.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access