Remote monitoring, data security, drug pricing intelligence and pediatric aftercare guidance are among recent initiatives from health information technology vendors:
* Health insurer Humana has launched a year-long pilot program to monitor the activities of daily living in senior citizen homes outfitted with remote monitoring software from Healthsense. Humanas chronic care management division enrolled 100 Medicare Advantage members in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky and West Virginia in the pilot, with Healthsenses eNeighbor remote monitoring system installed in their homes. The system uses a series of monitors and sensors to learn an individuals daily routines and identify breaks to routine, to track vital signs and other wellness indicators, to issue customized voice reminders for medications or other reasons, and to detect falls or wandering. Individuals also can wear an emergency call pendant.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access