A patent lawsuit, new CEO, client win and partnership highlight recent announcements from health information technology vendors:
* Patient Safety Technologies Inc. has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against competitor ClearCount Medical Solutions. Both companies sell tagged surgical sponges along with an information system that tracks the sponges to ensure all are accounted for following a procedure. Patient Safety uses bar code technology and ClearCount uses radio frequency identification technology. Patient Safety alleges ClearCount is infringing on a patent titled, “Identification and Accountability System for Surgical Sponges.” ClearCount responds that it respects intellectual property of all companies, has nine patents and multiple ones pending, and is confident its products do on infringe on the patent.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access