A new outsourcing gig for Allscripts and an integration milestone for Greenway and Epic highlight recent news from health information technology vendors:
* Liberty (Mo.) Hospital has outsourced management of its information technology services to Allscripts. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. The 250-bed hospital’s 30 I.T. employees will transition to Allscripts. Kelly Dungee, R.N., associate vice president of clinical applications at Allscripts, with 22 years of experience in nursing and 15 years of experience in clinical I.T., is the interim CIO until December as Allscripts conducts a search for a permanent CIO. Major I.T. projects at Liberty Hospital during the next 18 months include meaningful use, ICD-10 and health information exchanges.
* Ambulatory software vendor Greenway Medical Technologies has finished the first integration of its practice management and electronic health records systems with the applications of Epic Systems Corp. The integration, which Greenway says can be quickly replicated in other settings, links the software at Doctors May-Grant Associates, an OB/GYN practice in Lancaster, Pa., with Epic client Women & Babies Hospital at Lancaster General Health to exchange Continuity of Care Documents.
* Predictive analytics vendor Predixion Software has raised $20 million in a new round of funding, which includes new investors Accenture, GE Ventures and Frost Venture Partners. Accenture, which led the round, will co-develop new analytics products for its clients. Existing investors DFJ Frontier, EMC, Miramar Venture Partners and Palomar Ventures also contributed more. Privately held Predixion had more revenue in the first quarter of 2013 than during all of 2012, the company reports.
* Health Catalyst Systems, a Haworth, N.J.-based vendor of care management software, has changed its name to TEAM of Care Solutions. The name change was necessitated because Salt Lake City-based data warehouse and analytics firm Health Catalyst owns the trademark to the name.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access