Health information technology vendors are making many announcements at HIMSS12 in Las Vegas. Among them:
* MinuteClinic, a chain of 600 retail clinics in CVS drug stores, will implement the Allscripts MyWay electronic health records system enterprisewide. MinuteClinic is dropping its proprietary EHR.
* Nuance Communications has introduced two new products that use natural language processing to extract data elements from dictation or prompt physicians during documentation for additional information. QualityAnalytics, available now, identifies and pulls clinical and quality indicators from dictated notes. The data can identity quality measures, patients at risk for readmission and supporting documentation for RAC audits, among other features, according to the vendor. M.D. Assist, available in March, is a product developed with 3M Health Information Systems to monitor clinical documentation and identify missing information.
* Terminology management vendor Health Language will map patient data collected within the Microsoft Amalga data aggregation and analytics software to standard medical terminologies. Among other features, the mapping will aid health care organizations in managing information from data silos, converting to ICD-10, simplifying code search capabilities, and improving population identification analytics, according to the vendors.
* Critical Alert Systems, which sells paging systems to hospitals, has acquired Intego Systems, a vendor of nurse call systems. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Critical Alert Systems serves 300 facilities and Intego has more than 200 clients. Charles Bell, founder of Intego, will serve as chief strategy and business development officer at Critical Alert Systems.
* Data exchange vendor Halfpenny Technologies, which specializes in connecting laboratory and pathology systems with EHRs, will participate in the Office of the National Coordinator for HIT’s Laboratory Results Interface Pilot Program. The goal is to identify a definitive standard for lab connectivity.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access