The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid is publicizing some of its most frequently asked questions about registration for the electronic health records meaningful use program:
1. Question: What information should I have ready before I begin the registration process?
Answer: When you register, you will need:
o If you are registering as an eligible hospital or Medicare eligible professional, you will need an approved enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS). Medicaid eligible professionals are not required to be enrolled in PECOS.
* If you do not have a record in PECOS, you should still register for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs. (Please note –your eligible hospital or Medicare eligible professional registration status will remain in an “issue pending” status until you have an active enrollment record in PECOS.
o A National Provider Identifier (NPI)
o A National Plan and Provider Enumeration System Identity and Access Management ID and password for the individual provider
o A Payee Tax Identification Number (if you are reassigning your benefits)
o A Payee NPI (if you are reassigning your benefits)
2. Question: Which option do I select when registering on behalf of an eligible professional in the Identity and Access Management System?
Answer: Click on “You are requesting to act on behalf of an individual provider.”
3. Question: How can I check my registration status in the Registration and Attestation System?
Answer: Log in to the Registration and Attestation System and click the Status tab to view your registration information.
4. Question: How do I re-submit my registration?
Answer: To re-submit a registration, you will need to:
o Login to the EHR Incentive Program Registration and Attestation System;
o Navigate to the Registration tab;
o Select the Modify action for the registration;
o Select the Personal Information registration topic; and
o Save the updated payee information and submit the registration.
More information is available here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access