Columbus Regional to shift to Cerner Millennium platform
May 25, 2018, 7:30 a.m. EDT
Here is Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of new health IT contract wins and go-lives.
- Columbus Regional Healthcare System in Whiteville, N.C, which includes 154-bed Columbus Regional Hospital and a physician network, will implement the Cerner Millennium healthcare IT platform. The technology comprises electronic health record, revenue cycle management and patient engagement software that enables patients to securely message physicians, schedule appointments, view and settle balances and access their health history.
- Holy Cross Hospital in Taos, N.M, has implemented an emergency department information system from Wellsoft. The vendor met requirements of the hospital to deploy the system within 60 days, enabling Holy Cross to go live with the EDIS and a new hospital information system on the same day in a big bang approach.
- Ohio Living Cape May, a 30-bed skilled nursing facility in Wilmington, Ohio, recently went live with real-time telemedicine consultations for its long-term care residents. TripleCare is the technology vendor and also brings a network of physicians who can conduct remote consultations when Cape May physicians are not on site. The provider expects to be better positioned to reduce hospital transfers and avoid readmissions.
- Moorestown Visiting Nurses & Hospice in New Jersey has selected the enTouch network of Prepared Health that connects patients and personal caregivers to providers and insurers to help patients meet their healthcare goals. Moorestown VNA offers home care, palliative care, hospice, and counseling and wellness services in three counties. The network will enable the organization to streamline care transitions and provide faster and more efficient care, says Jeff Defren, vice president of business development.
- The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust in England selected the Sunrise electronic health record platform of Allscripts in late 2016 and recently completed an on-time deployment of electronic observation and vital signs software, as well as rolling out the vendor’s mobile app for clinicians. NHS Foundation Trust includes three hospitals totaling 650 beds and serves a population of 450,000. In coming months, the organization also will use Allscripts’ dbMotion software to aggregate data from disparate systems and deliver it to providers at the point of care.