Here is Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of health information technology contracts and implementations.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services will use software from Okta to more securely protect its information systems. The product, called Okta Identity Cloud, supports identity management and authorization of users of email, social networks, Salesforce, ADP and other approved applications. The software will integrate with CMS’s current off-the-shelf commercial software for identity and access control, enabling users to have one password that handles all the applications they work with.
- Midland Health in Midland, Texas, has picked the trifecta suite of clinical, financial and population health management software from Cerner to support care across the continuum of care, create a single patient record and support patient engagement via a portal. The delivery system is anchored by 474-bed Midland Memorial Hospital.
- Two-hospital Olathe Health System, serving four counties in the Miami region, also has turned to Cerner, buying the Millennium Revenue Cycle software and integrating it with the vendor’s existing enterprise electronic health record. Cerner’s oncology software also is going in to manage complex medication orders, and the health system further will implement RxStation, which is an automated medication dispensing device.
- Baylor Scott & White Health in Texas is live on the dbMotion interoperability software of Allscripts. The product is designed to support the exchange of electronic health record data across disparate EHR systems. More than 3,800 physicians serve 2.7 million patients in the delivery system.
- Three-hospital Inspira Health Network serving southern New Jersey has launched a store-and-forward telemedicine program using technology from Zipnosis. The service, using Inspira clinicians, enables consultations via smartphones, tablets or computers and treats more than a dozen common medical conditions. Consumers complete a questionnaire and an Inspira physician reviews the information and provides a diagnosis and treatment plan.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access