The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has issued a proposed rule making numerous corrections to the Stage 2 meaningful use proposed rule published on March 7.
The new rule corrects technical and typographical errors. Many are minor, such as incorrectly referencing the name of a national committee associated with clinical quality measures. Others are more substantive, including:
* “On page 13707, in our discussion regarding eligible professionals who practice in multiple locations, we inadvertently omitted the timeframe by which the determination is made on whether a practice/location is equipped with Certified EHR Technology,” and
* “On page 13711, in our solicitation of comments regarding the variations among facility types for an electronic prescribing measure, we inadvertently stated an erroneous threshold percentage.”
The new proposed rule making corrections is available here on April 17 and being published April 18 in the Federal Register.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access