Health Data Management’s weekly roundup of health IT contracts and deployments includes a big contract for Nuance Communications and a busy week for Epic Systems.
- CHRISTUS Health bought a suite of documentation management software for enterprisewide deployment from Nuance Communications. The package includes outsourced transcription services and two speech recognition-powered dictation and reporting systems. The package will integrate with Meditech and Athenahealth information systems in use at CHRISTUS, as well as various radiology systems. The contract includes a business model of shared risk, with the vendor being rewarded based on the delivery system’s success using the technology. CHRISTUS Health has more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities.
- Two facilities operated by New York City Health +Hospitals—Elmhurst Hospital Center and Queens Hospital Center—went live with Epic this past week; the organization expects to transition all of its 11 facilities to Epic by 2018. Epic reported major upgrades at several facilities aligned with Partners Healthcare, including Massachusetts General Hospital, Newton-Wellesley Hospital and Massachusetts Eye and Ear Institute.
- Hospital management company Universal Health Services will implement the Millennium Revenue Cycle software of Cerner, replacing its legacy INVISION revenue cycle product of Siemens Healthcare, which Cerner acquired. Cerner has been UHS’ primary information technology partner since 2009.
- St. Luke’s University Health Network in Pennsylvania has gone live on medical device integration and connectivity software from Bernoulli, part of an Epic implementation at six of the network’s hospitals. Departments being supported via the new integration include gastroenterology, catheterization lab, interventional radiology, operating rooms, MRI, obstetrics, ICU, CCU and Step-Down ICU.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access