Nominations for the 4th Annual EHR Game Changers recognition program are due Friday, Oct. 25, 2013 at 1 p.m eastern. The program was created by Health Data Management magazine to honor individuals who have been true game changers in the design, advocacy, deployment and development of electronic health records technology.
Individuals from across the spectrum of industry stakeholders--hospitals, group practices, payers, associations, federal and state governments, and health technology vendors--have helped in the evolution of EHR technology and its increasing adoption by provider organizations. HDM wants to recognize their extraordinary efforts to increase patient safety and improve the quality of care in the United States.
Individuals from any health care industry stakeholder organization are eligible for the EHR Game Changers Awards.
To enter the contest, please send a submission to Gary.Baldwin@sourcemedia.com.
The submission should include the following items:
1. A short biography of the nominee including full name, job title and job responsibilities, education, work history and the number of employees under the direct management of the nominee.
2. Name of the nominee’s organization and details including location, number of employees and number of licensed beds for a hospital, number of physicians for a group practice, or number of covered lives for a health plan.
3. In-depth explanation in 1,000 words or less of why the nominee should be recognized as an EHR Game Changer, including information on:
— Specific projects during which the nominee designed, implemented and/or championed health I.T. Included should be a brief project timeline that includes the goal of the project, what technology was used, and key milestones and when they were met.
— How the nominee’s involvement in health I.T. improved the care quality of their organization. Must include quality metrics and other demonstrable clinical benefits from the technology.
— All I.T. projects that make a real impact run into technological/managerial hurdles. Please list one or two hurdles encountered and information on how they were overcome.
— The names and contact information of key internal and external partners on the project.
The contest will be judged by the editorial staff of HDM and other industry experts. The winners will be recognized in a future issue of HDM. Please direct all questions to Gary.Baldwin@sourcemedia.com.
To read about last year's winner's, click here:
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access