With providers scrambling to adjust to accountable care and value-based reimbursements, software vendors are coming out with new products to support the efforts.
* Content vendor Wolters Kluwer Health has released ProVation Order Sets Essentials, a package of order sets that are designed for small and critical access hospitals. The package includes 65 order set templates covering the most common diagnoses at smaller hospitals. The vendors goal is to aid the hospitals in adopting evidence-based order sets and better meet evolving quality of care standards. Avita Health System, which includes Bucyrus Hospital and Galion Hospital serving four counties in Ohio, is an early adopter.
* USA Mobility, a vendor of pager and smartphone messaging systems to hospitals with sizable market share in the United States, has changed its name to Spok (spoke). The new name brings a combined identity for USA Mobility and its Amcom Software unit. Spok serves a number of industries across the globe with more than 125,000 customers.
* Varian Medical Systems has received certification for its ARIA Oncology Information System as a Complete EHR under Stages 1 and 2 of the meaningful use program. Version 11 MR5 of the EHR and version 4.2 of the patient portal were certified by Drummond Group. The EHR supports both medical and radiation oncology.
* Truven Health Analytics has a new de-identified data set in its MarketScan research databases. The Oncology EMR-Claims Data Set covers more than 50,000 unique patients who have had cancer treatment during the past three years. Using these data, researchers are now able to conduct analytical projects that explore treatment decisions and outcomes for specific patient sub-populations, such as those defined by cancer stage or biomarker test, according to the vendor. In addition, researchers will be able to understand the full continuum of healthcare provided to these patients and the associated costs.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access