The American Health Information Management Association’s 2011 Convention & Exhibit has started in Salt Lake City, and multiple software vendors have announced new products and initiatives. Among them:
* Alpharetta, Ga.-based HealthPort is the first health information management vendor to successfully transmit medical records via the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ electronic submission of medical documentation gateway, called esMD. CMS wants to use the software to send and receive messages using nationwide health information network protocols. In a production mode, a hospital client of HealthPort used proprietary software to send to the vendor a request for documentation by CGI, a Medicare Recovery Audit Contractor. HealthPort then sent the documentation from its data center to CGI via esMD, and received confirmation of receipt for an end-to-end transaction. CMS believes use of esMD will speed RAC communications and cut printing, mailing and scanning costs.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access