Aetna, Hartford, Conn., and Atlantic Accountable Care Organization, Morristown, N.J., have announced an accountable care agreement that will cover 28,000 Aetna customers in Morris, Sussex, Union, Somerset, Warren and Passaic counties.
Aetna members who have been treated by Atlantic ACO affiliated physicians over the last 24 months will be attributed to this agreement. Their benefits will not change, but they will receive what Aetna calls "highly coordinated, personalized care." To support these members, Atlantic ACOs coordinators will complement Aetnas care management programs in an effort to lower the number of days patients spend hospitalized and improve members health outcomes.
The agreement includes a shared savings model that rewards Atlantic ACO physicians for meeting certain quality and efficiency measures such as:
- The percentage of Aetna members who receive recommended preventive care and screenings;
- Better management of patients with chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart failure;
- Reductions in avoidable hospital readmission rates; and
- Reductions in unnecessary emergency room visits.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access