The HHS Office for Civil Rights in 2013 issued extensive guidance on handling business associate contracts under the HIPAA privacy and security rules. LockPath, vendor of a software platform to manage corporate governance, risk management and regulatory compliance, has distilled the guidance down to 10 bullet points and four additional tips:
1. Determine when and how the BA is allowed to use or disclose PHI.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access