How medical practices can boost patient engagement, aid efficiency
The research of MGMA, a trade association representing large group practices, and Cedar has identified six IT tools that hold the most promise in supporting expanded patient-provider engagement—and 70 percent of practice leaders responding to the survey say they plan to adopt the technologies.
First things first: Practices must prep for adoption
• Examine the current practice environment to find opportunities for automation.
• Review how existing technologies address patient engagement.
• Learn from best practices and avoid the common mistakes made by peers.
• Identify three “easy wins” to pursue to achieve greater patient engagement via technology.
• Start conversations among stakeholders to initiate changes in the practice.
Here are the six technologies with the most promise in engaging consumers and aiding practices that are ready to use them in delivering value-based care.
Automated appointment reminder systems
Digital payment options