10 Steps to Reduce Your Ransomware Risks
1. Educate the workforce.
2. Ban all personal webmail and surfing on corporate devices.
3. Implement a data backup plan with a longer retention schedule.
4. Create incident response procedures.
5. Filter Internet traffic more closely.
6. Review access rights on network drives.
7. Consider next-generation anti-malware tools that use advanced math to predict malware.
8. Evaluate advanced persistent threat tools.
9. Implement intrusion prevention systems.
10. Patch vulnerable versions of PDF viewers and Flash players.