* Two Singapore public healthcare groups, SingHealth and Eastern Health Alliance, and the Singapore Health Ministry’s IHiS information technology unit, have purchased Carestream Health’s Vue radiology information system and picture archiving and communications system to enable better access and management of radiology results and patient imaging data. SingHealth Group generates more than 4 million patient visits annually.
* Michigan Health Connect, a regional HIE, will use the eHealth Connect image exchange platform to enable members to access, view and collaborate in real-time on X-rays, CT and MR scans, ultrasound studies and ECGs. “Now our participating providers have the ability to access diagnostic quality medical images with a single click from the context of their everyday workflow,” said Doug Dietzman, executive director. Michigan Health Connect serves 83 hospitals and 2,000 medical offices.
* SummaCare will use Health Language software to convert ICD-9 codes and DRGs to ICD-10 and to assist with problem and diagnosis search, ensuring compliance with regulatory initiatives and promoting interoperability. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, SummaCare is a provider-owned health insurance company and part of Summa Health System.
* IBM announced that it is working with the Union for International Cancer Control to create what it describes as the world’s largest and most comprehensive clinical dataset on cancer patients by building cancer registries in developing nations. The effort will begin in Sub-Saharan Africa, which has more than a billion people. IBM will donate its big data and analytics technology, and expertise to the project to improve cancer registration.
* To accelerate advancements in biomedical research, the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, a charitably funded genomic research center based in the United Kingdom, has deployed over 22 petabytes of high-performance storage from DataDirect Networks. Sanger Institute researches the genetic basis of global health problems, including cancer, malaria, diabetes, obesity and infectious diseases.
* The Louisiana Department of Health & Human Services, Office of Public Health, will deploy a consumer immunization record portal, using technology from Scientific Technologies Corporation.
* Transactions processor and analytics vendor Zirmed has signed several new clients, including John Muir Health, Walnut Creek, Calif.; Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, Palo Alto, Calif.; and Holston Medical Group, Kingsport, Tenn. The vendor says it has added 900 new clients in 2013.
* Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin will implement the Late-Binding data warehouse and analytics platform of Health Catalyst to analyze clinical, financial and performance data across its two hospitals and clinics.
* Christiana Care Health System in Delaware will use the Click Portal and ECRT software of Huron Consulting Group to manage government grant processes and comply with reporting requirements.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access