Health care providers and payers in 2013 will continue to struggle with implementing a multitude of health information technology-related government mandates, many of which will directly affect their financial bottom line.
The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange’s Fall Conference, Oct. 23-25 in Reston, Va., has several sessions that can help providers go into the New Year with a better understanding of what they face. Sessions include:
* Lessons learned from 50 hospitals that participated in Premier Inc.’s Bundled Payment Collaborative;
* Overviews of the new operating rules for the HIPAA electronic funds transfer and electronic remittance advice transactions, with a Jan. 1, 2014, compliance date;
* Establishing an implementation roadmap for complying with the national unique health plan identifier and a new data element that will serve as an “other entity” for HIPAA transactions; and
* Mitigating losses while maximizing benefits, testing for business continuity and conducting end-to-end testing during ICD-10 implementation.
WEDI has secured a small block of rooms at a second hotel with a rate of $219 per night. More information on the conference is available here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access