RSNA 2011 is in full swing today and many vendors are announcing new products, initiatives or customer wins. Among them:
* Accenture and AT&T have launched a network for sharing, reviewing and storing medical images. The Accenture Medical Imaging Solution combines the consultancy's systems integration expertise with AT&T's network and cloud-hosting technologies. The companies are targeting hospitals for the service.
* Philips Healthcare has received Food and Drug Administration 510(k) clearance to market its whole body positron emission tomography/magnetic resonance imaging system, called Ingenuity TF PET/MR. Being able to superimpose PET over MR images can help detect abnormalities in various organs, according to the vendor.
* Merge Healthcare is demonstrating a new cloud-based imaging platform, called Merge Honeycomb, and available in early 2012. The first application on the platform is free image sharing from any device with a Web browser. Users can sign up for the free sharing service now, at merge.com/honeycomb.aspx, and be notified when it is live.
* GE Healthcare has introduced an interventional X-ray system that combines capabilities from both floor- and ceiling-mounted systems. Discovery ICS 730 is neither floor- nor ceiling-mounted but enables full patient access without suspending the system above the patient, according to the vendor. It has the mobility of a C-arm with the power and image quality of a fixed system. Parking locations and back-out distances are customizable for different room configurations.
* Montage Healthcare Solutions, which sells on-demand search and data mining technology for radiology studies, has announced three new customers. They are Keck Medical Center of USC in Los Angeles, University Health Network in Toronto and Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access