Three health information technology companies recently expanded their market share and product lines by acquiring other vendors.
* Private equity firm Francisco Partners will acquire HealthcareSource, a major vendor in the industry for talent management software. Terms were not disclosed and President/CEO Peter Segall will continue to lead the company. HealthcareSource customers include hospitals and delivery systems, physician practices and a range of ancillary provider facilities. Its software suite supports applicant tracking, behavioral assessments, employee performance, compensation, learning management and eLearning courseware. Francisco Partners other healthcare holdings include Healthland (rural/community hospitals) and T-Systems (emergency department), among others.
* Ambulatory surgery center software vendor SourceMedical has agreed to acquire LaClaro, which sells Lighthouse, a suite of workflow, revenue and analytics/management reporting software. Terms were not disclosed. LaClaros products integrate well with the practice management, electronic health records and ancillary software of SourceMedical, according to the firm. Lighthouse offers a key performance indicator dashboard, trending reports, implant analysis, and contract performance reporting, workflow management, collections management, and contract negotiation software. Lighthouse sits on top of a facility management system and requires no changes in using the system, according to the vendors web site. The acquisition will bring immediate cross-selling opportunities, says SourceMedical CEO Jamie Coffin.
* Decision Resources Group, a healthcare research and consulting firm supported with data analytics, has acquired complementary vendor Healthcare Business Insights for an undisclosed sum. Healthcare Business Insights offers a range of data, training and consulting services to more than 1,400 hospitals. The company also operates a series of communities where hospital and health system leaders can share information and learn now peers are handling various issues.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access