Medical imaging software vendors announced plenty of new products and initiatives during RSNA 2010. Among those making news:
* Newton, Mass.-based lifeIMAGE has integrated its on-demand medical image exchange network with Microsoft HealthVault's personal health records technology. This enables physicians to share imaging exams and associated reports with patients who have a HealthVault account. It also enables patients to share the images and reports with other physicians if they seek a second opinion.
* Burlington, Mass.-based Nuance Communications Inc. has integrated its radiology report databases with enterprise search and performance analytics technology from Montage Healthcare Solutions, Philadelphia. The integration enables radiologists to search their database through simple voice commands or keystrokes to get a birds-eye view of prior radiology reports or correlate findings with actual pathology reports, among other functions.
* Phoenix-based DICOM Grid introduced general availability of ImageCare, its Web-based platform for enabling secure exchange of medical images among physicians, hospitals and imaging facilities. The system also offers long-term archiving.
* Philips Healthcare introduced the IntelliSpace Portal to enable collaboration between radiologists and referring clinicians. The vendor-agnostic portal turns any PC into a virtual multimodality imaging system, enabling the viewing of images anywhere, according to the Andover, Mass.-based vendor.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access