Here is a wrap-up of some of the vendor announcements made during HIMSS15 in Chicago:
* Claims clearinghouse and revenue cycle management vendor ABILITY Network has bought System Designs Inc. (SDI) and sister company MedLink Technologies, which sell claims processing software and related consulting services. SDI contracts with all Medicare Administrative Contractors to offer its PC-ACE software to hospitals, home health agencies and skilled nursing facilities, and also serves Medicaid and commercial insurers as well as providers. ABILITY Network last October made another complementary acquisition by picking up clearinghouse MD On-Line, which significantly increased its ambulatory footprint.
* ClearDATA, which offers cloud hosting services for backup data, data warehousing and applications as well as consulting services, has launched a healthcare-specific managed cloud platform that will run on Amazon Web Services. Retaining its own services while also offering the Amazon platform opens opportunities for organizations that want to use Amazon and may also need development of purpose-built features or advisory services.
* Silvercloud, vendor of a technology platform to support behavioral health programs and operating in Europe for about six years, launched its American healthcare industry platform at HIMSS15. The platform offers structured text, video or audio programs that patients access weekly for a prescribed period via any computing device. The first suite of services covers treatment of anxiety, with a suite for diabetes care and related behavioral issues such as depression coming out this summer. Summa Health in Ohio was a pilot site for anxiety services.
* TouchCare has upgraded its mobile app that enables patients and physicians to conduct video calls via Android and iOS smartphones or tablets, and over cellular or Wi-Fi networks. New features include patient access control settings, one-click email invites to connect with patients, uploading of consent and privacy documents, push notifications for incoming calls and automated appointment reminders.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access